Table of Contents
What happens to cats with lilies?
Lilies are nephrotoxic, which means they affect the kidneys. Signs of lily toxicity can occur within two hours of ingestion, and start with gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting, loss of appetite and drooling. Cats that have eaten lily are quickly lethargic and depressed and may seem very unwell.
How much lily pollen kills a cat?
Easter lilies are extremely poisonous to cats, and just 1-2 leaves (or even the pollen) can kill a cat!
How do I know if my cat has kidney failure?
The most common symptoms of end stage kidney failure in cats include dull sunken eyes, inability to walk, body odour, incontinence in bladder or bowels, refusal to eat or drink, seizures, confusion, pacing and restlessness, withdrawing, hiding and running away.