Table of Contents
Is Liquid copper fungicide toxic?
It is one of many pesticides approved under the USDA National Organic Program. A number of studies show that it is highly toxic to humans, animals, beneficial insects and the environment.
Can you eat fruit sprayed with copper fungicide?
Questions about treating citrus fungal diseases with copper fungicide: Dan Gill's mailbag. Sweet orange scab, a fungal disease on citrus fruit, resembles bird damage, but the fruit is safe to eat. ANSWER: The fungicide you're planning to spray is for controlling fungal diseases such as citrus scab and sweet orange scab
Is copper toxic to humans?
Copper is essential for good health. However, exposure to higher doses can be harmful. Long- term exposure to copper dust can irritate your nose, mouth, and eyes, and cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, and diarrhea.
Can copper sulfate harm plants?
When copper sulfate is applied excessively, soil copper levels become toxic to plants. Plants growing in soil that has too much copper are unable to absorb iron which causes iron chlorosis, advises the University of Illinois Extension.