Table of Contents
How toxic are daffodils?
All parts of the daffodil are toxic. When swallowed, it can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. Eating the bulb can cause severe irritation of the mouth and stomach upset. These symptoms are usually not life threatening and resolve within a few hours.
Which part of daffodils are poisonous?
The most poisonous part of the daffodil is the bulb, as it contains a high concentration of a toxic chemical known as lycorine, but the leaves, stems and flowers will also cause severe symptoms if ingested.
Are daffodils toxic to animals?
Daffodils are members of the Amaryllidaceae family. Other common names for the daffodil are "paper white" and "jonquil." Daffodils are definitely poisonous to cats, however, the plants are toxic to not only felines but also other animals including horses and dogs. The whole plant is toxic, especially the bulb.